Fiancee Visa: The Government Agencies Involved

The fiancee visa process entails many government agencies. Who are these government agencies and what role do these government agencies play in your obtaining a fiance visa. This information will help you better understand the fiancee visa process This way you know where your fiance visa petition is in the process and what happens during the fiancee visa process

First there’s the D.H.S. or Department of Homeland Security. It is the federal agency responsible for the security and safety of the United States borders. All other government agencies dealing with immigration are under the Department of Homeland Security.

When you file a fiancee visa the first government agency it goes to is the U.S.C.I.S which stands for the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. The U.S.C.I.S has the responsibility for all immigration into the United States. This is the agency where you will initially file your fiancee visa. Upon receiving your petition for a fiancee visa the U.S.C.I.S will send you the first notice of action acknowledging the K-1 visa petition has been opened. A second notice of action is sent when the K-1 fiance visa petition has been approved by U.S.C.I.S. Schengen Visa

Your petition is now forwarded to the National Visa Center or N.V.C. You K-1 visa is now in the hands of the Department of State. From the National Visa Center your petition is now forwarded to the United States Embassy in your fiancee country. Once the embassy receives your petition for a K-1 visa it is then reviewed and processed. A letter is then sent to the fiancee so that their interview at the embassy and the medical evaluation by the approved facility can be preformed. The K-1 fiance visa is usually issued the same day as the interview or within a few days depending on the embassy. Your fiancee must then use the K-1 fiancee visa within six months to enter the United States. Your fiancee then travels to the United States. The last government agency is the Customs and Border Protection agency who your fiancee shows the K-1 fiance visa upon arrival in the United States. Upon entry your fiancee has 90 days to get married or they must return to their country.

The proceeding just touches upon the government agencies and the steps involved in obtaining a fiance visa. With all the government agencies and tricky paperwork and the fate of your future with your loved one in the balance you can’t afford not to get expert help on obtaining a fiancee visa. You are not required to hire an attorney, or document preparation service. If your case has no complications then a document preparation service should work fine. Find a firm with a track record and that is a member of the Better Business Bureau. Remember this is something you’re only going to do once in your life and mistakes cost time and stress. Before you do the paperwork yourself just check out all the options.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *